Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > How-To's

How-To's Fixing your RX..and need some help. Check out the how-to's here for any help ya need!!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
motomadness910

Default Question on a veilside rx-7
Im new to rx-7's and curious as to how much it would cost to make a veilside rx-7 thanks alot for your help i appreciate it
motomadness910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
azx78er0

Default Veilside Rx7
Well im kinda of a noob here just started an account. But i can tell u this. i got my FD about a year ago and i getting the veilside kit added on as we speak and it should be done by aug. Its really expensive trust me. Im living in Canada but the car and the kit cost my upwards of 50K. The car was imported all the way from Japan.

The kit alone cost 10,000 US and some websites are offering 10% discount but if ur shipping it somewhere else duty and tax are a bitch. the kit shipped to toronto cost me around 12,000. now painting it duel 2 tone just like the Fast and Furious, (im painting it red and black) and installing will cost me around 11,000 not including tax. The wheels are a bitch to find. If ur trying to go cheap and purchase second hand they are extremly hard to find. Its because they require 2 19"X10" in the front with a negative offset and 2 19"X12.5" and companies that offer them are SSR and Works XX which new are like $600 a piece which are the cheapest u can find. Then the tires cost alot cause u could go with the fast and ferious using Toyo tires but they are not really good for daily driving. So i had to get some American brand that cost me $400 a piece. So the whole kit and the wheels plus instalation, your probably looking at 28-34K.
azx78er0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
sponsoredrx7

I'm into it for abour 40K at this point, azx78er0 how long are you from completion? I'm in paint right now, but anticipate being on the road in three weeks. Wonder who will be first in Canada?
sponsoredrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:03 AM   #4
azx78er0

wow i didnt know there was another veilside rx7 well they were suppose to get it done early like last 6 months but the shop closed down and i had to find a new one. But i new shop they sent me pictures like a month ago and they started installing, so i think they are gonna take it back off and paint it and then put it back on. SO they should be theorectically done painting it. But im out of town so i think im picking it up early aug.
I guess we wont be conflicting lol, ur in bc and im in ontario
azx78er0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
sandewc

It will cost about $26,000. That's with Veilside kit ($11,000), rims($6000), and labor install($9000).
sandewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:48 AM   #6
nate1

if u have to ask u cant afford it lol veilside is dumb $$$$$
nate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
DubSeth

Not worth the money when u could put that 26k into ur engine and destroy ferraris.
DubSeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #8

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

It's a matter of opinion really, BTW the guy who spends that much money in the exterior most likely has just as much under the hood anyways.