Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > Kills Section

Kills Section Post all your road kills here!

Old 07-08-2004, 03:05 AM   #1
marshall
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to marshall
Default C5 Vette gets ripped a new one :)
Usual morning trip to work, and a yellow c5 vette pulls up next to me. Decent sounding exhaust as far as mods go that i could tell. We punch it from 60mph, by 4th gear i had a good 2 1/2 cars on him then i let off in the middle of 4th. He flys around me and follows me until i get to my office. He was cool, he asked me about my car and what not. The best part was the look on his face when i told him it was a 93'

-Marshall

Old 07-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #2
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to AusTexRex
God bless Marvel.
AusTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 05:37 AM   #3
89t2flynpastu

Send a message via AIM to 89t2flynpastu
hey im jon,im new to this site i just got a 89 turbo 2 basically mint condition all i need is an exhaust nice kill by the way...cant wait to start ripin some kids cars in my school
89t2flynpastu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:04 AM   #4

Shaggy
Administrator

Thanks for joining 89..hope to see your here often!!!

Old 07-11-2004, 06:42 PM   #5
89t2flynpastu

Send a message via AIM to 89t2flynpastu
thanks shaggy...im pissed off tho last nite i lost to a gti cause i need an exhaust, so my turbo doesnt spool to its potential so next week wen i get the racing beat exhaust put on hopefully itll be puttin out to its fullest potential thanks i will be on here like every day
89t2flynpastu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 06:35 PM   #6
marshall
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to marshall
Do you have intake yet? That will help a lot as well.

Old 02-25-2005, 05:16 AM   #7
dRuNk-mEdIc
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to dRuNk-mEdIc
Intake , Exhaust , porting , suspension, that would make it facinating to look at and better yet to drive.

You can put 20 grand into your honda and its still a honda.

My RX7.....well its an RX7.
dRuNk-mEdIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:27 AM   #8
fc3s
Full Access Member

go with stock intake with k&n insert because if not then you will be paying for a new intake plus a box to keep the enginebay air from getting to you intake. if you dont have a box then sucking that hot air will kill your hp dramatically . also wait to port your car its best to have a fresh engine to do that with and also you get maximum power. here is the best thing to do if you get a engine rebuild kit. Get the RB Lightweight rotors $2200, stat gears frnt $121 rear $138, streetport, with rb headers then anything you want from there back. tokico struts with tenabe 1.5 lowering coils, reprogramed ecu. with this youll be putting out a little mor than 250-260whp with a speed aprox 180+ i have a friend that tears apart transams ws-6 with his rx3. but right now if i were you i would get the k&n insert, with exhaust, ecu, 750cc fuel injectors. with that youll be doin about 155+ you'll beable to play with vettes. all around with this setup it should cost about $1000 and if you go with the rebuild it will be about $6000 for the whole engine setup. but with the suspension i like the tokico non adjustable shocks with the tenabe 1.5 lower coils and for max handling S&W 8 point roll cage that about 170$

fc3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #9
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to 2ROTORMOTOR Send a message via MSN to 2ROTORMOTOR
Originally Posted by fc3s
go with stock intake with k&n insert because if not then you will be paying for a new intake plus a box to keep the enginebay air from getting to you intake. if you dont have a box then sucking that hot air will kill your hp dramatically . also wait to port your car its best to have a fresh engine to do that with and also you get maximum power. here is the best thing to do if you get a engine rebuild kit. Get the RB Lightweight rotors $2200, stat gears frnt $121 rear $138, streetport, with rb headers then anything you want from there back. tokico struts with tenabe 1.5 lowering coils, reprogramed ecu. with this youll be putting out a little mor than 250-260whp with a speed aprox 180+ i have a friend that tears apart transams ws-6 with his rx3. but right now if i were you i would get the k&n insert, with exhaust, ecu, 750cc fuel injectors. with that youll be doin about 155+ you'll beable to play with vettes. all around with this setup it should cost about $1000 and if you go with the rebuild it will be about $6000 for the whole engine setup. but with the suspension i like the tokico non adjustable shocks with the tenabe 1.5 lower coils and for max handling S&W 8 point roll cage that about 170$

Lol I doubt he has enough money to spit out 6 grand for all the shit that you mentioned. Not to mention that it is completely unneccessary. He is turbo, he doesnt need an intake. There is no need for the airbox.

You dont need porting either, I have 477whp with stock ports at 16 psi. Look for now, try to get a FMIC( you will actuaally notice a big difference with this) fcd, and 680 secondaries, if you dont want a fuel controler. O and exhaust..

Old 07-10-2005, 10:30 PM   #10

black rocket
Full Access Member

I guess it's just a difference of personal preference.

I don't agree with not needing cold air intake/box..anything to reduce air molecules (colder = smaller) will benefit any vehicle.

At his stage...he may not need porting but, porting will surely would add more ponies under the hood

I'm getting my spare engine half bridgeported next year