Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
CIBDWIBN

Default Complete Swap TII
I'm looking forward to do a full swap to my 86 mazda rx7 n/a, my tranny is going out and instead of just replacing it, I wanna throw down 1600 into the engine and make it a TII. If anyone has done that to their non turbo rx7, I would like some advice, tips and if possible while I'm working on it, talk to them while I'm in the process of it. I went to a website from the FAQ page and found a TII motor for $995, and transmission, ecu, harness is another $295, and shipping will cost me $395. Is there any additional major parts I need in order to place that engine in right? If there is a thread already like mine can someone please direct me towards it? I couldn't find it. And in the FAQ page I tried those 2 websites that was to help but those were not up anymore or something, so I'm planning to do this swap this summer and would really appreciate help. Thanks. I'm new and this is my first thread/post.

Last edited by CIBDWIBN; 06-04-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: I'm new, and want people to know why I'm havin trouble. ha
CIBDWIBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #2

black rocket
Full Access Member

I've heard many ppl talked about it and it never get completed due to the fact of sheer cost factor. It's cheaper to just find TII. That's just my opinion.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
CIBDWIBN

I've only got 2k to spend. and to get the motor to me with engine, turbo, manifold, and ecu, tranny and wireing harness is gonna be around 1,600. And I plan to do the installing myself. Cause where I live is nampa, ID, no rotary shops so my car is a one of a kind already. So this is a solo job for myself and install it myself. I'll post pics when I'm gonna work on it.
CIBDWIBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #4

black rocket
Full Access Member

Sounds good!

Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
ryrotary7

gud luck!!
ryrotary7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:25 AM   #6
Cosmo7

i did it to my vert and it ran good. When u order a motor your gonna wanna rebuild it asap. Because u don't know how long its been sitting