Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

Old 11-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
drift_standard

Default Need Help 91 FC-NA~problems\running rich
Hey guys trying to help my buddy fix his 7, I have a Miata and I'm not too great with the rotary. Anyways, his problem started late this summer- first with a/c -on- the car would drop idle. 2-4wks later his car died. Check engine lt was -on- ->bad TPS and MAF code. Changed out with brand new TPS and MAF sensor- check engine lt now -off-. Car runs but not good- poor accel - and he has to keep foot on throttle to keep running @ stop even after warm up.
-Car has about 75k~ was only driven in summer by prev. owner (a grandpa)stock/well maintained.--> He has had it for 5x yrs now- the car has never been pushed, but has minor mods- exhaust and intake. He uses Valvoline durablend oil. (?-if good for seals or not)
-Got comp. test done by Mech. -front rotor 1.5.6, 2.5.5, 3.5.5 KPI@260rpm
back rotor 1.4.6, 2.4.2, 3.4.5 KPI@260rpm - Mazda tech. said meets minimum specifications.
-Car will not pass emissions due too fuel being too rich/fuel not being burned.
-Mech. checked fuel pressure - said it was good (im not sure of PSI)
-he has the 460cc injectors-and they have never been serviced.
-Coil pacs good and getting spark - (new NGK plugs)
--->I was thinking it might by IAC - but can't really find the symptoms of bad IAC(or BAC) for the 7 or how to test it...or even the ohm specs.(his DA doesn't have a Haynes)
Anyways, Please HELP any useful ideas welcome - he told Mazda this and they told him just needs a new/rebuilt engine... That can't be right-> a NA 13b w/ 75k.
drift_standard is offline   Reply With Quote