Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

View Poll Results: Mineral VS. Synthetic: What to use in a STOCK S4 NA 13B with unknown miles?
NEVER USE SYNTHETIC IN A ROTARY! (MAZDA REC.) 1 50.00%
Mineral Oils with proper API & Viscosity 2 100.00%
GOOD Synthetic oils (royal purple, ect) with proper API & Viscosity 0 0%
LUCAS Racing Oil Products (Mineral base) 0 0%
LUCAS Racing Oil Products (Synthetic base) 0 0%
Other products such as Marvel mystery, Hyperlube, etc.. 0 0%
It dosent care and somehow still runs on everything from canola oil to sewage... 0 0%
Option not listed here... or this is a over discussed topic. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
MASTERODUNIVERSE

Exclamation MY FIRST RX7 (S4 NA) 13B engine, SCARRY knocking ONLY when turning RIGHT??
Hello to all! Im a new member as well as a new owner of an 1988 stock RX-7 with the exception of the rediculous lowering job and 16" Rims, I think the shocks are custom too... Oh and some a$$ hole converted it from dual exhaust to single (WhY? and how does that affect a stock motor?)

My first question for all of you IS.. Get ready..
When the car is in motion (this dosent happen while idleing still and turning the steering wheel), there is a light to hard knock when turning the steering wheel right, (NOTE it does not happen at all when turning left!?) The knock is relational to the speed i am traveling, and it becomes louder and harder the more I turn the steering right. It drifts to the right a bit and wanders a bit also. This is felt on the front end at the right tire. It is present at 5mph+ and is VERY SCARY at 70+ FWY speeds. I dont wanna driver her till she is better.

Second and third questions:
1: My oil pressure guage moves... but is always at 0 and never above 30psi...
How do I check if this is correct & go about preventing this disaster from happening?? It seems like a total *itch to service.. I just bought a second guage cluster and will be figureing out how to install it. And will be swapping out the sending unit to see if that corrects it. My car has a different guage cluster in it.. And incorrect mileage on the ODO, 164K vs the DMV 169K.

2: My transmission seems to make alot of noise while the clutch is pressed in... When its released it stops (raspy rotating noise) Both 1st and 2nd gear (manual trans) make some noise however they dont grind shifting is pretty smooth.

I cleaned just about every connector I could find, reattached a injector connector... and got past 3500RPM (Whoohooo0!) My temp stays at 1/3 on the scale. SO Please help someone, I JUST got this car and am very eager to drive her hard. I just felt the push from a rotary & 6000RPM for the first time in my life. And in my opinion NO PISTON ENGINE COMPARES! I can only imagine a turboed 20B motor...

Thank you all for reading and HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

Old 12-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #2

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Okay one at a time.
1. Exhaust single over the dual set-ups is your question, well other then saving a some weight no real advantage there. Some people like the look of single & some like the dual.
2. Considering the car as you say is lowered I would assume the problem is in the suspension, check the components in your front suspension.
3. On the noise in the trans when the pedal is pressed, maybe a throwout bearing failure.

That's a fair amount of miles on the car, has the car had a rebuild? If not you may be looking at one soon.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
MASTERODUNIVERSE

Thank you for the reply! I listed so much as to provide complete info. These cars are awesome. For the common person like me, I am a noob to the rotary. It seems like you really can run these until it runs like $hit. I can tell someone very poorly did work on it. I got it assuming it needs a rebuild. The previous owner was an idiot.. I wanna treat her well. Its my only car and needs to be a daily driver (although I want a bmw for that purpose) Tryin to get my hands on another 318ti.. I think I may pass this one to some one who has the $$$ to treat her right as she will eat my EDD instantly LOL. After all I traded a plasma TV from 2005 for her!

Old 01-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #4

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Well whatever your decision to keep or sell it good luck.