Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 1st Generation

1st Generation 1979-1985 Discussion

Old 06-26-2016, 09:19 PM   #1
NewYorkLaw

Default Blinker issue / searched but nothing similar here...
1985 GS model. Yesterday, the stop light "idiot light" on my dash was illuminating, so I assumed a brake light was out. I parked at my destination and an hour later while driving home, I noticed the blinkers were out. Hazard lights work, tail lights work, brake lights work, and I can find no bulbs out - and the stop light idiot light is not lighting up anymore. The clock is also not functioning properly - it's still showing the correct time, but the minutes portion of the LCD are flashing as though it were a clock that was being set. Except for the clock, the only thing wrong is that the blinkers won't blink. The high beams switch on that arm work.

I am leaning towards changing the relay. I noticed what looks like a normal relay under the dash, but the one that controls the hazard lights is very large and I wonder whether it controls the blinkers too? That one has a harness with at least a dozen wires going to it as opposed to the 'normal" looking one that has 3 or 4 wires.

As a little history, I have owned this car for 9 years and the key in ignition reminder has never worked. I also wonder if that's the same relay (or if my car did not have the option installed). Anyway, should I replace that larger relay or is there something else I should be looking at?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also, if it's that relay, anyone have a part number or a store they recommend that carries it? I would prefer to order the replacement before I remove the old one - it's hard to reach.

Thanks,
Pete
NewYorkLaw is offline   Reply With Quote