Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 02-22-2010, 04:10 AM   #1
workmank

Question gtu/gxl? whitch one? nube
this may sound like a stupid question but this is my first rx-7 and i just dont know yet but i bought a 90 rx7 on the title it says rx7 gtu/gxl. i would assume there is a difference right and if so how do you tell? i also have another question i have two complete engine w/trany sets both 13b's. one that was in the car with a 351 ecu the other i beliave is a 326 ecu. the one with the 326 ecu has a different intake front cover and center side housing. the one with the 326 ecu is out of a 86 rx. what i am really getting at is are the front covers and intakes inter changeable i once again would assume they would be the rotary housings and all but the center surface look identical. i would just like to make sure. the one out of the 86 has what looks to be a egr valve in the top of the center surface right below the intake correct me if i am wrong. but the one out of the 90 has a similar place but no holes i know its not a block off plate it just doesnt have it. which intake would be best for power cause they are both different the intake out of the 86 is longer and seems to requare a different wiring harness. thanks for the help ans sorry for the long post and so many questions in one post. again thanks. looking forward to hearing any input anyone has to offer.

Last edited by workmank; 02-24-2010 at 05:14 AM.
workmank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
workmank

did some more digging today and found the answer to one of my questions here seeing as my car has the automatic adjustable suspension (AAS) the only car it came on in 90 was the gxl. waiting on my order from AtkinsRotary.com for the oil injection pump block off and the egr block off plates as well as a intake gasket to just leave the cover on the 86 block and just swap the intake and exhaust manifolds drop it in wire to the 351 ecu and cross my fingers and hope for the best. they seem to be identical in every way expt the front cover, intake and the front cover i have not found any info to support other wise so i am going a head with the swap this weekend assuming the parts get here in time. thanks to all that read these postings i would still love the feed back on anything you guys feel important or woth considering.
workmank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
egr, gtu, gxl, intake