Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>


Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > Kills Section

Kills Section Post all your road kills here!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #11
AusTexRex
Full Access Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin & Waco Texas
Posts: 553
Send a message via AIM to AusTexRex
Default
Originally Posted by 786
Originally Posted by AusTexRex
A very expensive, unreliable, ugly, 300hp. Entirely not worth the money, when the line is canceled and they become easier to attain cheaply I will consider them a decent car.
expensive? unreliable? ugly...maybe

i drive a STi and i thought it was cheap for what i got...i have put 30K hard hard miles on mine and it has not given me a single problem...and my car was 400HP since it had 2500 miles on it...and at around 22K its power increased to 480HP (these #'s are not wheel hp)...so i dont see where your argument is coming from...

btw im looking at getting a FD for a 2nd car because its so cheap now but i didnt rag on it when i couldnt afford it...
I can afford an STi if I actually wanted one. The point I had was that for the money you can get a different car, rebuild it from the ground up to be faster, more stable, more reliable, and more personalized. If I had invested 20,000+ on my FC I would easily be into the 11s if not 10s. Parts come pretty cheaply on the FC. Stock STis don't run those numbers, therefore I say it's not worth the money as a performance vehicle.

If you have a big hard on for Subarus then get one, if you like the design then get one. My words aren't barring anyone's way to the dealership.

Also, I do understand that my argument against it can be carried over even to cars as cheap as FCs. I'm sure I could pick up a beat up civic hatchback for 200 dollars and rebuild it, but I don't want to. I bought my car for the love of the engine and design, I wanted to experiment as a mechanic on a rotary engine without spending a lot of money on an FD (parts are more expensive) to do it.

When I first bought the FC I put the remaining 15,000 that an FD could cost into different investments. Right now while I'm happily working on the FC and still getting from place to place as quickly and comfortably as I wish to my extra money is doing the exact opposite of what it would be doing if I took out a loan. I'm earning extra instead of paying extra for financing. In 3 years when I buy the FD I'll have enough money to not only buy the car, but every modification I want to do to it. I'll still have the FC to get me around while I work on the FD and get it just where I want it.

This is why I say the STi, until it depreciates in value, is not worth the money.
AusTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:57 AM   #12
Canaduh
Full Access Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 194
Send a message via MSN to Canaduh
Default
Okay, i completely agree with austex. Its how any car is, they start out as a big deal, and slowly disappear with the 'newer' sports cars that come out, een though their are the odd few, like the FD That hold their value better then other cars that age. But its all supply and demand. Thats my 2 cents. Err maybe half a cent actually. Im pretty much just agreeing with austex.


__________________
Turbo lag was created to give V8's a chance.
Canaduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #13
786
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
Default
nice to see everyone against me

bottom line is i dont care what anyone thinks because i sold my car...well traded it for something for my mom...in any event i may get an FD or a MKIV fairly soon...
786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
tstrboy2004
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 44
Posts: 1
Default
Originally Posted by AusTexRex View Post
A very expensive, unreliable, ugly, 300hp. Entirely not worth the money, when the line is canceled and they become easier to attain cheaply I will consider them a decent car.
bahahahah coming from a rotary driver.. priceless

how about stock for stock....

oh wait.. wanna come race my Forester Wagon in January up in Minnesota... hmmm...

ps.. just jealous cause yours runs and my 85 has sat in a shed for 5 yrs hahaha

Last edited by tstrboy2004; 08-07-2010 at 04:11 PM.
tstrboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #15
 
black rocket's Avatar
black rocket
Full Access Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NV
Posts: 1,059
Default
Originally Posted by tstrboy2004 View Post
bahahahah coming from a rotary driver.. priceless

how about stock for stock....

oh wait.. wanna come race my Forester Wagon in January up in Minnesota... hmmm...

ps.. just jealous cause yours runs and my 85 has sat in a shed for 5 yrs hahaha
5 yrs... sad story :'(


__________________
Drive safe and Sane
black rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:03 AM   #16
 
marathonboats's Avatar
marathonboats
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Age: 32
Posts: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to marathonboats
Default
Originally Posted by AusTexRex View Post
I hate WRXs. Good job
why do you hate?


__________________
konstruksikapaljasa
marathonboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump