Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Members Area > Lounge

Lounge Anything goes within forum guidelines

View Poll Results: When November comes up...
I'm voting for Bush Jr. no matter what comes up... 3 37.50%
I'm voting for anybody BUT Dubya... 3 37.50%
I won't vote because it doesn't matter, Bush has got it... 0 0%
I'm not voting because the electorate picks the Prez anyway... 1 12.50%
I'm in Raptor13's militia and we're starting the next Civil War in Spring 2005, so none of this matters... 0 0%
I dont care...they are both liars and bullshitters... 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2004, 04:53 AM   #11
phoenixfc3s

Send a message via AIM to phoenixfc3s
I'm in the same boat as you damnitsfrancis. Neither Bush nor Kerry really appeals to me, and there is no way I'd vote for Nader. If Nader was elected, he'd probably declare the rotary engine is a "consumer hazard" or something stupid like that and force it off the market. I'm just one of those disenchanted kids, and my vote really doesn't feel like it would matter because I live in Texas, but I'm still going to vote. A vote for either Bush or Kerry is better than no vote at all.

Old 05-07-2004, 06:12 AM   #12
mar3

Send a message via AIM to mar3
Well, because of the two party system that has the stranglehold in American politics today, I'm voting for Kerry even though I think he's just a Skull and Bones JFK-wannabe...even his wife looks kinda like Jackie Onassis if you think about it. Voting for anybody else puts Bush back in office and as long as the Republicans control the House of Representatives and the Senate, I don't want a Republican President in there, even if he came from TX. I was one of his biggest fans all the way from the Ballpark in Arlington project to the Texas Governor stint. I voted for him as Governor, in fact. Once he got into Office as President, though, he changed. I was still with him, begrudgingly, until he started squawking about Iraq in 2001. That's when he lost me. I got back in the camp after 9/11 and Afghanistan but became entrenched permanently against him when Bush Jr started on the Iraqi thing again. That and his single-minded pursuit to hand over the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to his oil buddies.

But, hey! At least there's no one as of 05/07/2004 @ 2314 hrs CST who is planning on an armed civil war in the near future...where the heck does that come from???

mar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:28 PM   #13
Hollywood
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood
what I do not understand, we took over, conquered if you will, a very large oil producing nation. yet gas prices in the US continue to rise.
the oil is ours, we are pumping it, but none of it is comming here, its all going to russia
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:24 AM   #14

Shaggy
Administrator

Stupid isn't it....I don't get that either..???

Old 05-08-2004, 01:31 AM   #15
Hollywood
Full Access Member

93 octane is about 1.95/gl few months ago it was $1.70
but the prce of race gas hasn not changed still 4.50 for 109 octane.
thats supply and demand for you
Old 05-08-2004, 01:57 AM   #16
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to 2ROTORMOTOR Send a message via MSN to 2ROTORMOTOR
acutally what the us is doing, is selling the oil that Iraq produces.. to help cover some of the costs of the rebuilding..... I highly doubt that any oil at all is coming to the U.S. I wouldnt think Bush would be that stupid to start supplying the us with oil as soon as he took it over....We are still getting oil from other mid-eastern countries, but right now Iraq is barely covering its own expenses.... Im sure bush thought that once we took over, that it would be easy as cake..... but by involving other countries shit got alot complicated.... Bush was just worried and didnt want the U.S. to be a rebel and go against the rest of the population by himself... so he involved as many countries as posible..

Old 05-08-2004, 02:17 AM   #17
Hollywood
Full Access Member

most of that oil is going to russia
Old 05-08-2004, 02:36 AM   #18
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

mar3 imma add another option to the poll, if you disapprove let me know ill take it out..

Old 05-08-2004, 02:42 AM   #19
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by phoenixfc3s
Originally Posted by 2ROTORMOTOR
O and they need to change the way a president is appointed... the electoral college had its purpose back in the years but serves no purpose now. I understand back in the day when you would find out who was president like a month after he was elected and sometimes you wouldnt even know who the candidates were... but come on its the 21st century now its time for us to have our own pick on who the fukin president is gunna be...
The reason there is an electoral college is because the original founding fathers didn't trust the people completely, ie we are a Republic, which is a representative form of democracy and not a pure democracy. If there was no electoral college, the major would win and the minority would be subject to whatever the majority decides, even if the majority is wrong. Like it or not, it's how the original founding fathers intended it to be.
the reason for the electoral college is simple... back in the day the media wasnt as it is now... the people would elect a person to represent them in the election... they would tell the rep. what they want to see happen and the rep voted for the rep accordingly... the electoral college would travel to washington to represent their people..

Old 05-08-2004, 06:46 AM   #20
mar3

Send a message via AIM to mar3
2ROTORMOTOR...lol...no, the new option is funny as hell and I know I hadn't thought of that angle...

The Electoral College has gotta go...it's time is done in the Age of Information....and somebody tell Rummy to be a man and resign, already...

mar3 is offline   Reply With Quote