Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > Other Automotive Talk

Other Automotive Talk Talk about other cars besides the RX-7!

Old 06-14-2004, 01:37 AM   #31

Shaggy
Administrator

do I have to.....

Old 10-12-2004, 02:11 PM   #32
willjs7

Send a message via AIM to willjs7
i guess u guys dont like stopping. none of ur mod orderers had breaking LOL. wheres the dates on theese posts b/c im prolly bringing back an old post. but it doent matter anyways b/c there is onlyt like 6 threads
i have 2 hondas. a 99 prelude(50k orig. miles) bone stock. and a 95 hatch with a 200 gsr swap 45k. i like hondas a lot , but shitheads with beater civic's with primer ass shit body kits and neon lights give honda a bad name. its all good tho. ill be gettin a 3g soon when the hatch sells.

Old 10-12-2004, 03:21 PM   #33
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to AusTexRex
Braking is up to you, my mod list has brakes in it, though stock brakes aren't bad at all.
AusTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:53 AM   #34

Shaggy
Administrator

Hey Aus...is you rex still looking it it does in your sig? Cause it sounds like you are always looking for body parts..

Old 10-13-2004, 07:04 AM   #35
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to AusTexRex
Umm, my rex is undergoing a lot of different changes week to week. I don't bother updating cuz I remove things and test new ones all the time. I have what I'm deeming my semi-front mount project at the fore front. But I'm not going into depth on it. Math says it should be able to support 42 psi heat wise, which works for me. And the location provides little heatsoak and no increase in turbo lag from stock.

My front bumper still is a little funny since that person backed into me and ran off. But its not that visible unless you're very familiar with our cars.

The entire suspension is undergoing a cumulative overhaul. Brakes are getting beefed, air leaks fixed, turbo rebuilt, tranny is being rebuilt and modded a little bit for fast shifts. I've got electrical gremlins and a very odd heat problem. I think my tstat is blown. it reads 3/4 heat sometimes and my engine is completely fine. Who knows. I wasn't too concerned cuz it's 130k and I'm waiting for it to blow to rebuild it with ports. All signs read that the engine is perfect though... who knows wtf is up with the heat.
AusTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #36
PJ

Very nice looking block, definitely a wise investment for serious Honda draggers...

You should tell the guys at Honda-Tech about this.

PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #37
spikegomez

Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Oh yeah, and I'm painting it Blue with silver metal flake in it... give it that sparkle.. to go with whatever white rims I decide to put on it. I'll put some pics on here of my car before and after I start doing major work to it.
[/img]
Yeah painting it Blue is a nice thing for the car...

Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #38
nate1

i like hondas
nate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:12 AM   #39

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Ok I must add this. Hondas have alot of potential & can be very fast if done right. Main issue I have with them is that any that make big numbers are worthless on the street. I have a few Honda friends with cars making in the 650 to 800 whp range. They run great times on the track, but on the street just a smoke show. I would never do a Honda, but I have helped build a few 350+ hp ones & they moved out nicely on the street with a good tire.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #40

black rocket
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by BoostedFC View Post
Ok I must add this. Hondas have alot of potential & can be very fast if done right. Main issue I have with them is that any that make big numbers are worthless on the street. I have a few Honda friends with cars making in the 650 to 800 whp range. They run great times on the track, but on the street just a smoke show. I would never do a Honda, but I have helped build a few 350+ hp ones & they moved out nicely on the street with a good tire.
I would also like to add my opinion about Hondas. Majority of Hondas are so patheticly tinkered (wouldn't wanto use the word modded) primarily toward exhaust and I can hear them rattling from a good distance away.

I know Hondas are well made and reliable but, why would anyone want to make their rides sounds so bad?