Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
95rx7

Thumbs down gas smell
hello every one i am new in this club and new owner of 95 rx7 love driving it.
last week i took it to dealer ship thay performed brake hoses recall. as soon as i drove the car out from the dealer about 2 miles i smelled gas, pulled over smelled it from left driver side right about where gas tank is more like left rear wheel well area. please any idia could this be related to the recall thanks a million.i have other issues with car but mainly i need to solve this problem first..........thank you again............

Last edited by 95rx7; 06-27-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: misspailed
95rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
95rx7

Thumbs down idle problem
hello again as i stated in my last thread about the gas smell. well here is another issue with idle dose not stay at 750 or 850 rpm there is time that idle is at 1200 rpm if i give it little bit of gas than it drops to about 700 or 800 rpm there is times dose not drop to that rpm. now here are the things that i did and checked plugs were replaced at about 2000 miles ago, cheched for vac leak none were found and idia i would appreciate you help thank you..............
95rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
dutch

probably some difference between your '95 and my '88, but i recently had to replace the starter on mine and while underneath the car, guess i bumped the fuel lines a little and they started leaking gas where they run through the rubber gromets. over time, they had rusted inside that rubber piece and my bumping them a little caused them to start leaking. i replaced about 18" of line in that area (rest of the line looked good) and all is well now.
Dutch
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote