Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Members Area > Lounge

Lounge Anything goes within forum guidelines

Old 04-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #21
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to AusTexRex
Originally Posted by Shaggy

Well...how did it go, did it work out ok??
Oh yea, We're estimating about 100hp more with the extra work we've done to it so far. We're awaiting some parts before we finish it and dyno. Right now it pulls pretty hard though.
AusTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:12 AM   #22

Shaggy
Administrator

No major problems to it yet?

Old 04-14-2004, 12:14 AM   #23
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Shaggy
No major problems to it yet?
Unless a constant 5psi extra intake is a problem, no. Although I don't really like superchargers due to the constant compressing. We can break the back tires loose easier now, which is a byproduct of the added power, AND the fact that it's a constant addition and not an rpm based thing.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:11 PM   #24
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to 2ROTORMOTOR Send a message via MSN to 2ROTORMOTOR
Just because the exhaust has to flow longer doesnt mean it looses power... It just means that there is gunna be a bit more lag, and depending on turbo, DP, exhaust.. theres gunna be a bit more back pressure, but if the setup uses ext wg. then the backpressure becomes releived as soon as it reaches max boost, which is when it really matters..
Im all for turbos, even though with a SC you make linear power, a turbo is all gain and no loss. And there are unlimited setups available depending on what you want, unline with SC, or PC which there is only a couple different setups if that.. plus turbos are more user friendly and yeild the best results...

Old 04-14-2004, 09:26 PM   #25
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Don't get me wrong, I prefer turbos over superchargers any day of the week, but so far I haven't seen an effective bolt on turbo on the rx8. I've seen a few that are more trouble than they're worth, and I've seen superchargers that were installed in less than an hour, including tuning times.
Right now without adjusting a lot of crap and removing pieces a TC on an rx8 just isn't as straight out beneficial (with little drawbacks) as an electric SC.
There are on the other hand a number of companies working on a turbo setup that will require some maneuvering, and a complete replacement of the stock intake that from what I've seen looks like a damn good setup. I just don't think that sending exhaust air all the way to the front of the stock intake is a good idea at all, it'll heat up your entire engine bay and exhaust temps CAN reach past 1000 degrees. I've seen turbo's glowing red before, and having that resting on all the plastic shit in RX8's isn't too cool.
Turbos > Superchargers. But not yet for the rx8