Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Photo Section > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation Post your 2nd generation photos here

Old 06-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
project7

Default My toys, because race car.
Posted here for a little while a while back but haven't been active in a while.

When I last posted, I had only 1 FC and it was in a state of perpetual construction- and still is. Since then though, I've picked up a couple of FCs. One is an 88 TurboII in fairly decent shape aesthetically but it is having some compression issues now. Here it is on the day I bought it back in July last year.

Here she is trying on some new shoes before I took it to a drift event. Just picked up some el cheapo Drag Rims so that I didn't do any damage to the saw blades.

And a shot of the engine.

I'm obviously no pro at this, but I suppose I did ok for a bone stock FC and my first time trying to slide. I still think I'm more interested in auto-x and track days, but I had fun.

After the event, I rolled around on the white rims for a while just because they had decent rubber left on them.

So the car's sitting back on the saw blades for DD duty, but I just ordered some S5 T2 meshies and hopefully they'll be showing up sometime today or early next week.

I mentioned my first FC, and it is still down at the shop where the engine was built while the builder lines up all the drivetrain stuff to get it back on the road. Here she is with the engine out, sitting on some S4 vert wheels.

And on the lift being treated to a 5 lug front swap.

I plan to do some track time with this car, and maybe the occasional drift event. Here's a really terrible quality pic of the engine, notice the blower?

About a month ago, a friend and I went in on an unknown year/trim S4 FC that was sitting near the highway here in town. Turns out an old high school friend owned it and we got it for $500 with the hopes of turning it into a double duty Chump Car racer and missile drifter. It wound up being an 88 model according to the vin, but we're still unsure of the trim level. The wing mirrors suggest GXL but I'm not entirely convinced.

She was already fully gutted when we got it, but it came with an engine and two transmissions.

We just need to tear the motor down to check it out, and put it back in and get it all wired up, then mock up some sort of gauge cluster and get it caged.

That's where everything sits for the time being. Thanks for reading.
project7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #2

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

What shop are you using to get your work done? Are keeping the blower on the one FC or are you doing something else & where are you located?

Old 06-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
project7

The guy doing the work is named Luis Canizales and he's located in Gadsden, AL. I'm up in a place called Florence, AL. The blue SE car will be the one with the blower, the T2 will stay turbo and the primer car is as yet determined but looking like it will probably stay n/a.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #4

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Which blower do you have the 5" or 7" Camden & at what boost level were you planning?

Old 06-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
project7

I want to say a 5" but I never did measure it. The engine wasn't actually built for me so some of the specifics are still a little foggy considering how long ago I bought it. I have the stock pulley on it now, so probably anywhere from 5-7 lbs. I don't know what I'll ultimately set it at because I've yet to drive it.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #6

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Next time you are around the blower you can measure the case between the end plates to see. I have a 7" here in the garage.