Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

Old 10-03-2004, 01:47 AM   #31
mdz

They told me that I needed to replace all bearings, 1st, 2nd, 3rd 5th&reverse syncros, the long shaft in the tranny( it was pitted from the wore out bearings), and all the gaskets. I dont know exactly what all else but I know it hasn't been cheep. I took it to Ammoco transmisson if that tells you anything. I think I just paid for the franschise name. I'll get a complete list when I get my car back. The resurface of the cost was $80.00

I went to the web site and the clutch kit was the same price, in fact it was 11.00 more than what I got it for. It was the HD00 clutch kit assembly
mdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:59 AM   #32

black rocket
Full Access Member

I'm so sorry to say this but..."you took it to Amoco????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think you just became the franchise's partner. I got tranny rebuild quote from Amoco and I thought I was gonna die laughing.

Hey, we all live and learn...

First time I took my brand new car to the dealer and changed the oil... cost me $300. Took it to the dealer thinking they had to do all kinds of special factory req'd maint I got sucked in big time and that was the last time I took my car to the dealer.

Old 10-03-2004, 02:05 AM   #33
mdz

Yep I live in a small town...lesson learned. Next time I'll do a little more research ...

Old 10-03-2004, 07:16 AM   #34
AusTexRex
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to AusTexRex
Ya, sorry bro, you're taking this one up the ass. Live and learn right?
AusTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:55 AM   #35
mdz

live and learn. My first hobby was caraudio, which I thought was expensive, but holy shit you come into something new like rotary cars and stuff, and well its a way diff. ball game!

Old 10-03-2004, 11:19 AM   #36

black rocket
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by mdz
live and learn. My first hobby was caraudio, which I thought was expensive, but holy shit you come into something new like rotary cars and stuff, and well its a way diff. ball game!
Yes, rotary maint is expensive...if you take it to a dealer. And just because you take your rex to Mazda dealer it doesn't mean all of their mech are rotary whiz. There is normally one maybe two mechs dedicated to do rotary engine.

My strong suggestion is to get yourself a Mazda Shop Manual (no other) and learn. And I assure you that you'll learn lot from it

And, yes there are many dealer parts that you'll be needing...Just brace yourself when you do.

I get decent discount from my local Mazda dealer but, still price of some parts just blow your mind!

Old 10-03-2004, 06:42 PM   #37
mdz

I got the big blue Mazda workshop manual when I got the car, i've learned alot from it, but you know how is , work 15-16 hrs/day and still have to come home to wife and kids................no time!!!

Old 10-04-2004, 07:47 AM   #38

black rocket
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by mdz
I got the big blue Mazda workshop manual when I got the car, i've learned alot from it, but you know how is , work 15-16 hrs/day and still have to come home to wife and kids................no time!!!
I know what you mean...

Old 12-09-2004, 08:35 AM   #39
Psycho_Dad
Full Access Member

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho_Dad Send a message via MSN to Psycho_Dad
3 grand for a rebuild? mate i would have sent you another box from kiwland for $500... no garantees, but im damn sure she would have been a MINTA!
oh well ill just have to stick it in my car instead

sorri to hear about the cost man, i hope my next clutch doesnt cost that much

Old 12-09-2004, 05:34 PM   #40

black rocket
Full Access Member

Hate to say it but, he got took...