Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
mikes88GTU

Exclamation Please HELP
okay so down to the nutty....i am a green horned newbie to the witchery of the mystical rotary... my 88 13b na 5 speed.... was great until last week, when, while i was driving, and my throttle gave out... i had no power...i would floor it and all it would do is jump from 800 to around 2000+ rpm's and back down to 800, this is with out me lifting my foot... once i lifted my foot it would just sit at idle...now please take in mind all of this is occurring at 45+mph....so i got the idea to hold down the clutch, place it in neutral and cut the key off. (i advise just one click back because it wast fun when the steering wheel locked and the power brakes were off....lol..) now once i cut the key off and coasted for a few moments with clutched still pressed and in neutral, i restarted the car put it back in gear and it worked fine for about 30 seconds(occasionally it would act right for several minutes..)....it continued like so for the 15/20 miles to my carport.... please, if anybody knows wth is wrong please help!!!

Last edited by mikes88GTU; 03-14-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: no replies yet
mikes88GTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
mikes88GTU

nobody know^^^^^the troubles iv seen......lol....still no answer.
mikes88GTU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, no power, no throttle, tps sensor?