Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

Old 10-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
vmerino

Default Turbo II won't start
I just made some upgrades to my 1988 Turbo II. I installed block-off plates and eliminated the ACV & EGR. Additionally, I installed new injectors hi-impedance, 550 primary & 660 secondary, new GT35 turbo and manifold, new fuel regulator @ 30 psi, and external wastegate. Anyways, I have been trying to start it up, but seems that it is too rich in gas, that is why I replaced the fuel regulator for an external one. I have yet to install the radiator and downpipe. So, O2 sensor is not installed and thermo sensor is no reading accurately.

Before all the changes the car was starting fine.

I already checked the injectors ohms and they within the limits 12-16. The injectors wiring was also inspected and there is no ground contact.

This afternoon it did start after bringing downthe fuel pressure to about 20 psi. But then, I shutt it off to prevent it from overheating and it would not start again.

Any sugestions and assistance will be greatly appreciated.
vmerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
vmerino

I was able to start it up tonight. I brought the fuel pressure up to 30psi, and adjusted the air by pass valve 2 rounds counterclowise. The idle still a little rough, but I think that is because it needs the O2 sensor. I will have the downpipe done and the O2 sensor plugged and give it one more try.

Any suggestions are welcome.
vmerino is offline   Reply With Quote