Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > Other Rotary Powered

Other Rotary Powered Other rotary powered vehicles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2004, 03:40 AM   #21

black rocket
Full Access Member

Man, those are kit car from NZ...

It seem to have some issues according to its newsletters...

"WINDUP – Part 4(?)

Well here we go again… yet another three (yes three) years have past since I last informed you all of the status of Windup’s rebuild.

One of my main stipulations during this protracted rebuild has been that everything on the car article should be as neat and reliable as a modern car. Another stipulation was that all parts used should have minimal modification from standard.

These two seemingly minor points have upon occasions become major hurdles that have required much head scratching to overcome for example;

When remounting the old Torana back axle I decided to adopt a 4 link with reversed Watts linkage layout. I planned to use standard Toyota trailing arms and these positioned the axle centreline 55mm rearward of the original layout. To keep the wheels and guards central it was decided to extend the rear section of chassis by 100 mm .

This had the additional benefit of allowing a larger fuel tank to be installed.

Another hurdle was the decision to extend the scuttle by 200mm at the front to provide room for the engine management computer and other necessities like heaters and the such like.

First I cut the rear section off an old bonnet and proceeded to cut it down to size so that it fitted beneath the bonnet. Then after 3 or so attempts and with much help from Steve (fibreglass fingers )Hutchison it finally looked the part.

It was then up to me to fit all the "stuff" under the available space."

At that newsletter was written only handful were completed... How far along is yours?