Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 03-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
avafan

Question fuel cutting out issue....
Ive owned my 1988 rx7 se for about three weeks now. There is one issue that has got me puzzled. everything works well on this car during normal driving situations. When i go out drifting the car it shuts off when at high rpm. When i clutch kick the car on the windy mountain roads the fuel is shutting off. sometimes it spits and sputters and keeps runnning and other times its stalling right out. I thought it was sloshing gas at first cause it only happens in corners. Never had this issue going strait. so i put almost a full tank in and it still cuts off fuel in corners!? Im extremely confused any help would be appreciated.

While im on issues my sun roof motor is good i pulled a rx7 parts car apart with a sun roof same model and year as mine. It appears to only have one motor... Drivers side of the sun roof opens but the passenger side will not release and i knew this from the day i bought the car just thought i would try to fix it. The motor does work and does lift the drivers side just not the passenger side. Any help or past experience for things i could check would be awsome thanks.
avafan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drifting, fuel, gas, issues, shutting off