Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 1st Generation

1st Generation 1979-1985 Discussion

Old 08-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
greekkid

Default where can i find a gas tank
i have an 85 that hasnt run in 18 years. but now im trying to restore it but i dont know where to get a new gas tank for it. any suggestions?
greekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
63DH8

Maybe not new, but I've had pretty good luck with this:
http://car-part.com
63DH8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
Adara

Is your weather-beaten, rusty auto gas tank leaking away all of your money? Are you tired of losing rather than using half a tank of gas? If so, our replacement car or truck fuel tank may be just the right thing for your vehicle. At 1A Auto we offer an extensive line-up of automotive gas tank and fuel tank replacements for many car, truck, and SUV models. Why perform a gas tank repair when you can buy a DOT and SAE approved replacement car or truck gas tank? Our replacement fuel tank is the best deal on the market.

Adara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
Patrick

The fuel tank often is not the first part of the vehicle considered when maintaining your off-road vehicle, but its positioning under the trunk area of the vehicle makes it vulnerable to dents and scrapes that can weaken its surface. Even if your vehicle is only used for street driving, wear and tear damage of the gas tank is inevitable over time. The potholes, speed bumps and construction zones can be as hard on your vehicle as off-road driving, scraping and denting your fuel tank as well. Worst of all is the winter slush, full of corrosive road salt, splashed up into the undercarriage of your vehicle with every turn of the wheels, slowly eating away at the rust resistant coating of your fuel tank. Eventually, it will weaken the surface enough to allow corrosion to begin, which as it progresses, can cause a fuel leak. When the elements have done their worst to your gas tank, and the time has come for a replacement, we offer a quality assortment of fuel tanks replacements in our user-friendly online catalog.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
Patrick

The fuel tank often is not the first part of the vehicle considered when maintaining your off-road vehicle, but its positioning under the trunk area of the vehicle makes it vulnerable to dents and scrapes that can weaken its surface. Even if your vehicle is only used for street driving, wear and tear damage of the gas tank is inevitable over time. The potholes, speed bumps and construction zones can be as hard on your vehicle as off-road driving, scraping and denting your fuel tank as well. Worst of all is the winter slush, full of corrosive road salt, splashed up into the undercarriage of your vehicle with every turn of the wheels, slowly eating away at the rust resistant coating of your fuel tank. Eventually, it will weaken the surface enough to allow corrosion to begin, which as it progresses, can cause a fuel leak. When the elements have done their worst to your gas tank, and the time has come for a replacement, we offer a quality assortment of fuel tanks replacements in our user-friendly online catalog.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #6

black rocket
Full Access Member

If your tank is not rusted off I'd empty the tank and blast it clean. Then do a coating using epoxy type and you should be good and no more worry about rusty tank.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
amosyuki

Originally Posted by greekkid View Post
i have an 85 that hasnt run in 18 years. but now im trying to restore it but i dont know where to get a replacement gas tank for it. any suggestions?
Have you tried looking online for it? I think there are so many online stores out there. You just have to research and ask people, sites which are highly recommended always have the best services.
amosyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #8

black rocket
Full Access Member

OK, here's formally called Victoria British Catalog. http://www.blackdragonauto.com/ I haven't seen a recent catalog but, they had a lot of 1st gen parts. Might want to try them.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:22 AM   #9

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by amosyuki View Post
Have you tried looking online for it? I think there are so many online stores out there. You just have to research and ask people, sites which are highly recommended always have the best services.
You do realize that you are quoting & responding to a post made in Aug. of 2009! I would hope he would have found a tank by now.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #10

black rocket
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by BoostedFC View Post
You do realize that you are quoting & responding to a post made in Aug. of 2009! I would hope he would have found a tank by now.
LMAO. I thought I'd have a clean getaway... yep, I noticed that after I posted.

I could've deleted but figured some can use the info for the catalog! Heh

Tags
gas tank, tank