Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
calibretto

Exclamation 84" Not getting enough fuel during HIGH revs?
Thanks for your time. My problem is when I go into drive the car into high revs it's losing power at/around 5000rpm. It's choking like it's not getting enough fuel to the engine and loses power. This is only when I floor the gas though. This is really getting old because I can't pass anyone on the high way and I feel like the problem is getting worse. Also, this problem only occurs in 3rd,4th and 5th gear. I have an 84', 5 speed, 12A 1.1L engine. engine has around 130,000 miles on it. The problem doesn't occur in 1st or 2nd gear. I got one guy to look at it and he said I need a new carburetor and that it's running too lean. With thats said Do you have a different answer for what it might be? and if it is the carburetor then how can I fix it. Still has all stock engine(no mods).
Also just changed the sparkplugs today and still having the same problem so it's not the plugs.
calibretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
drjoneschiro

have you checked the catalytic convertor? if its plugged up you wont get any power in high rpms.
drjoneschiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12a, 1984, gas problem, no power, rx-7