Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Mid-Size Import Sports Car > Nissan

Nissan Post MID-SIZE Nissan Sports car related questions, info here.

Old 06-11-2005, 04:13 AM   #1
SEVN2NV93

Send a message via AIM to SEVN2NV93
Default really need help.
hey iv been in love with rx-7 for about 6 years and i got my license last year. i have been saving up money to buy a rx-7 and i have 14g saved. i really want a rx7 but i dont no if i can have it as a daily driver and i was thinking of gettin a 300zx instead. they are both great cars but im 17 and need sumthing that i can drive and beat on and i can fix/ upgrade just about anything i want at my dads shop. so i need your opinions one what car to get and i have 14g to spend. what whould you do?
SEVN2NV93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
2ROTORMOTOR
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to 2ROTORMOTOR Send a message via MSN to 2ROTORMOTOR
If you have 14g to spend, find yourself a newer car. A 350z is expensive to fix, you need to pull the motor for almost anything you do to the engine.

Old 07-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #3
SEVN2NV93

Send a message via AIM to SEVN2NV93
thanks for answering but i wasnt planning on gettin a 350z i wanted either a rx-7 or a 300zx and i got the rx-7. now i have another question but i dont think i can post it here so ill post somewhere else.
SEVN2NV93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
FadedFD

Send a message via AIM to FadedFD Send a message via Yahoo to FadedFD
A 300ZX might be more expensive to work on then a RX7. But It might be a bit more reliable. Unless it has high mileage and was not taken care of. If I were you I would consider a S14 240sx. Those are sexy and have tons of aftermarket support and it's not a honda.

Justin

@http://groups.myspace.com/RX7
FadedFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
TII

Send a message via MSN to TII
A 300ZX is a very expensive car to modifie because you vertualy need 2 of every part or more.
Seeing as there older cars they tend to need various upgrades. And often they are lackin with the stock turbos with high milage.
There also not alot of fun to work on. I did turbgo change without taking the motor out (god was that a PITA!!!!)
Honestly tho, you would want to remove the engine for something like that. If your willing to spend the money to do it right and have the tools then its an ok car. As for a DD its not great. Its wide, not good on gas, and repairs are not fun.

An RX is easier to work on but its right up there in cost as well. Modifing it is not hard at all, but you need to think like an old man when modding one.

Step one, replace ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING that could go wrong.
Step two, (if any money left) start adding little bits here and there.

An S14 would be a great car IMO. There is a HUGE aftermarket for these cars. Almost to much to be able to choose what parts to use. SOOOOO much potential.

TII is offline   Reply With Quote