Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 06-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Rx7murphy

Default Hi im new and i need some help
Hey guys im new here and i was wondering if any of you could help me out with some questions about my 1990 rx7 gtu. Its an n/a and I am having some idle issues, ive adjusted the idle to 1500 rpms and you could hear it miss. But once i turn the A/C on it drops to 1000rpms. Anyways when i start up the car it starts to rev up to 2500rpm and goes back to 1500. It goes back and forth from 1500 to 2500 i dont know if thats just the rotary engine and how it works or if its a problem within the idle. The other day i was driving on the interstate and it was the first time i got to 75mph. The engine made a rattling noise and sudenly rpms dropped along with the speed it wouldnt let me go over 60 mph. I pulled over to the side of the road and i immediatly thought it was the apex seals, but i looked at the engine and checked everything. There was no smoke no leaks no nothing, so i got it towed back to the house and its able to drive. but if i start to realy push on the accelerator it rattles again! as long as i easily start to accel. it wont rattle. But it never did this before so im turning to you guys who have experience with rx7s and im hoping i could get some answers. Oh and another thing whenever the A/C is on the rpms drop below 1000 when i stop and the car turns off on me. Just another thing to go wrong right, well im sorry this was so long i just dont know what to do. Thank you very much
Rx7murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
jan<3FC

i have the same problem..it might be a cold start, try letting it warm up for a few minutes before you drive it and if the rpm goes up and down white idling try adding a lil gas until it goes away
jan<3FC is offline   Reply With Quote