Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 04-16-2005, 06:51 AM   #1
teamitr

Default 87 rx7 wont start
I have tried everything that i have read here but i still can't get my ride to start. I have tried the fuse trick I have cheked all vac lines and they seem fine I cheked the plugs and they were good at first they were wet with gas so i thats when i did the fuse thing. now my only question is I have been trying to start it with a battery of a honda crx but i don't know if that would matter as far as cold cranking amps, tomorrow my buddy is going to do a compression check, so what kind of numbers am i looking for?

just for the record the car sound like is going to fire up but then it just doesn't, also my friend was telling me that the clamp that holds the intake tube togther by the throtle body was missing so that there might be a leak, so that maybe the map sensor reading is causing it... but could that be it? Please help, these is my first rx7 so i'm lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!
teamitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #2
chrisnance

Push it down a hill and pop it into 3rd. same problem with mine 88 gxl non turbo.
chrisnance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
vmerino

It could be the AFM
vmerino is offline   Reply With Quote