View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 02:02 AM   #10
240Z2NV

A buddy of mine has done TWO LS1 swaps in FDs. It is fantastic! Although you will get grief on the RX7 sites because of their loyalty to the rotary platform.
I have loved this car since it's rollout in '93. It is VERY difficult to find ANYTHING wrong with the car....it dents pretty easily in the body panels due to its race-designed light weight.
Many keep their high tech platforms and spend $$s with turbo mods etc; but, you can 'build' an LS1 much easier, for less, and they are less 'technically demanding'. I agree with the first response, ride in one. I have ridden in many stock TT FD3S, and in a 429rwhp 6 speed totally stock looking FD3S. Both are glorious; but, if you want shit-your-pants exhilaration and power, do the LS1 swap.
If you need more help with the swap once you find the donor car (i.e. needle in a haystack), save my email and I'll hook you up. I am doing the LS1 swap in a 240Z, and if I weren't 'into it' so far, I'd GLADLY switch paths and search for a 'donor FD3S'; but, bear in mind, they are very hard to find! I can't even source a pair of seats (FD3S) for my 240Z hybrid after months of searching! Direct email: [email protected]
240Z2NV is offline   Reply With Quote