Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 3rd Generation

3rd Generation 1993-Current Discussion

Old 01-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
blackms6bto

Default help
i currently drive a fully bolted mazdaspeed6. ive always wanted to build a RX7... only issue with this is, i honestly dont know if i will fit in one. im 6'8 220. i havent even sat in a RX7 since i was probably 17 years old. what do you guys think.. obviously this wouldnt be my daily driver so i dont expect to be comfortable on road trips. can the seat be located any farther back than stock? thanks for any help.
blackms6bto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #2

black rocket
Full Access Member

You'd have to modify the location of your seat glides and be sure to reenforce it. Another word, I wouldn't just drill holes and bolt it down as I have seen before.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #3

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Speed6's nice I own one too. 6'8" damn man you are tall. My cousin is 6'6" but he did as Rocket has seen by purchasing a set of fixed buckets & bolting them to the floor using stationary brackets. Obviously only tall people can drive his car which counts me out at 5'5". If I remember correct his knees still hit the dash.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
blackms6bto

damn... so its not looking to promising. im gonna have to find one around here and sit in it i guess. if i dont build a RX7 then im probably gonna have to do a early 90s Supra with a single turbo 2jz. (much rather pull off the RX7 tho... which may either end up a boosted LS1 or a 2jz lol)
blackms6bto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #5

black rocket
Full Access Member

Well, I know some crazy Supra ppl with wicked rides. RX-7 is indeed harder ride to get in & out. But, overall, most of us enjoy its unique engine more than anything else. Good luck!