Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 09-13-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Greg Williams

Default Your Advice Please
I have a friend who wants to trade me his 91 RX7 convertible for a motorcycle that I have valued at $3200. My wife drives a 94 M edition Miata which needs paint and some suspension work. I'm thinking of having her drive the RX7 for a few months while I deal with the Miata (and who knows, maybe she'll like the RX7 better).

Anyway, I could use some advice on valuing the RX7. The body is immaculate, the drivers seat could use reupholstering or repair to the leather and the power top doesn't work so he has been lowering the top manually. Car has 135000 miles on it.

Do you think that I can get $3200 out of it if my wife doesn't want it when I'm done with the Miata? Any advice would be great. I know Miatas reasonably well but know nothing about RX7's. Prices on the convertibles seem to be all over the place.

Thanks,
Greg
Greg Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
LunchboxCritter

If it has 132k on it with the orginal engine. It is most likely going to need a rebuild before long. This can be done for less than $2000, depending on where you live, and your mechanical abilities. The top can also be repaired fairly cheaply if you are handy. Replacement seat covers go for around $400.00 on ebay, and again if you are handy they are not impossible to reupholster.

We have an 88 vert and NADA has it booked at over $5,000. So I'm sure with what you have listed barring any unknown complications you should be able to get your monies worth out of it. I'm sure if it's running properly your wife will enjoy it as much if not more than her miata.