Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > FAQ

FAQ If you have any questions about engine work, parts needed, part locations, anything....post it all here in the FAQ section!

Old 12-16-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
raan

Default Importing info/help
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have been looking at some JDM auction sites such as autotraderimports.com and have been trying to decide if it would be cheaper to buy from a company like Tiger Japanese that has already imported the car for me. The auction sites seem to have alot of fees involved, I was wonder if anyone that has done this already has any sites they used or info/ a direction to get me started. If it matters any I live in Canada

Thank you
raan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #2

black rocket
Full Access Member

Are you talking about Front clip purchase? If so, I haven't experienced that. But, I have purchased JDM factory rebuilt engine about 15 yrs ago for $900! I also bought Datsun SSS engine for my 510 from Japan Loooong time ago thru engine trader here in U.S. and it was very easy transaction then.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
raan

No im looking for a place to find a whole car over there and get it here
Old 12-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #4

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Just curious what car are you try to get? Is the car readily available where you are located, if so why not just buy one? There's a lot involved with importing a car & can be very expensive to say the least. I personally have never done this, but I know of a few guys that have.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
raan

thats really what i wanted to figure out is if there is away to get a car for cheaper over there and bring it here because i see ppl all the time on kijiji and even tiger japanese I mentioned before that can resell the cars for like 6800 bucks and im talking like 1992 rx7. actually ad below

http://www.tigerjapanesecars.com/details.php?id=45
Old 12-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #6

BoostedFC
Full Access Member

Well if that price listed includes everything (shipping & registration) sure why not buy it. I'm sure if you called them they would be able to better assist you.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
raan

that car there is one already over here in canada in toronto. not the price of a car over seas
Old 01-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #8
Revoked2011

All the fees and importing costs would amount to much more than what they are charging. They are a company and probobly import tons of cars/parts and get a discounted rate, allowing them to then sell the cars for a reasonable price.
Revoked2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
importing