Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 05-23-2016, 07:38 PM   #1
skorcherbrorx7

Unhappy 1990 RX7 Oil Metering Pump Issue
Hi
I have a 1990 RX7 convertible that is showing a check engine code that indicates bad Oil Metering Pump. I bought a used OMP and had it installed but the same code is firing. When started the engine runs fine at idle and driving until you get on the throttle above 3000 rpm. The check engine light then comes on the engine goes into protection mode and will not run over 2500 RPM. The person I bought the OMP from insists it was working when removed from his old car. Is there a possibility that a faulty ECU could be causing this code to show up? I have a few other issues like the wipers operating at one speed only, the high beam switch will not work...I only have low beams. Could any of these issues contribute to an electrical issue that is causing a faulty code to show up? The car is completely stock.
Also is there a way to check the OMP status before installing it?

Thanks very much
skorcherbrorx7 is offline   Reply With Quote