Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > Specific RX-7 Models > 2nd Generation

2nd Generation 1986-1992 Discussion

Old 03-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #11

black rocket
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by SRTx781
i have hte sema problem as well...when i try to crank the engine just turns over but wont crank and after 5 secs trying it smells like gas...i have 2 '88 RX-7's (both non-turbo) , one i know the engine isflooded..anyone have any comments on the "ATF" trick..in which i believe im supposed to take bottom SP's out then the EGI fuse and try to crank it...then put atf in the botton sp holes and turn it over..again and again about 4 or 5 times..it's supposed to restore compression...?!!
ATF will clean the internal carbon build ups... Make sure you hand crank and pour ATF in each chambers and let it sit and fire it up. and make sure you use your spare spark plugs to do this trick...as you don't want to ruin your good ones.

Won't crank or no spark? you should look into two things; 1, your starter, 2, injector (leaky injector) 3, ck your coils thru plug wires.

Old 03-09-2006, 07:51 PM   #12
TII

Send a message via MSN to TII
Running and then dieing after heat is built up cane be a few things. Often a sign of a bad coil or bad fuel pump.

Id replace the fuel pump anway as the car is old, then see if the problem is still there. If it is grab some used coils and try them out.

TII is offline   Reply With Quote